Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sell sell sell


First, thanks to all for the supportive words yesterday!!

It's my first quarter end in a pre-sales role. So the craziness of trying to close all deals before the end of Q1 is relatively new to me. I'm afraid it's got me a bit busy and when I get home, because it is a lot of new stuff, I am exhausted. One hopes it will get easier as I get more experience.

The other recent change from the new job is that I have to go to Chicago for a week for a big global forum. It's the one year I wouldn't have minded passing on the opportunity, given all the stress with breastfeeding lately. And leaving OH an entire week with the Munchkin does not sit on my conscience well. I wonder how other traveling parents feel? Lots of crappy guilt? I am coping by trying to take as much night shift duty as possible but with the Munchkin still in our room this is difficult - the other person still wakes up.

I am determined not to wallow too much in self-flagelation this time round however. I am going to focus on trying to learn as much as possible during my time away. And probably I will come back with butt-tons of gifts for hubby and child. Good thing I had no grand illusions about not trying to buy my children's affection when I was not available to spend time with them!

5 comments:

Dad said...

Sigh, afraid life just keeps giving your the reality checks. Remember how nice it is to have a job and the other alternatives :)

Anonymous said...

maaaan, you're making me feel guilty for NOT feeling guilty for traveling for work...
Ale

alexis said...

don't feel guilty about it Ale! Enjoy it.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

When are you coming to town?? I bet there's some guilt and some enjoyment of uninterrupted sleep. Give and take....

alexis said...

Joe - liaise with dad he's going to be in touch with you on dates soon!