Friday, August 10, 2012

Cookie Fail

So. I thought I would be super ultra hostess. I made peanut butter cookies, containing no flour, for some gluten-intolerant ladies. I was in the Bijlmer where my office is located, trying to pick up the peanut butter. I spotted a jar of Surinamese peanut butter. Perfect! I'm sure they do good peanut butter.

Well, the one thing I never dream of looking out for was the "spicy" above the Surinamese peanut butter label. And they are NOT f***ing around folks. This was a jar of perfectly normal looking, incindiary peanut butter. The cookies were inedibly hot. Though I admit, they are growing on me.

5 comments:

Dad said...

I know that was probably embarrassing serving those but god the image of the unsuspecting guests taking their first bites just sounds hilarious.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I must admit I had to look up Suriname. How humbling that at age 36 I'm still finding countries I've never heard of.

Regarding the cookies - at least the peanut butter didn't have gluten it!

Lauren said...

Oh Alexis, only you!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's outstanding. Ha! Anything from a foreign land, I look for "spicy" or "hot". You just never know! Suriname Pb though seems a little crazy to begin with.

alexis said...

Joe - now I've learned my lesson!!