Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When you lose faith in humanity, take heart in the universal truths that bind us together

I am going through a self-inflicted rough patch this week. Like all my allotted stupid, forgetful, carelessness condensed into one 7- day period. Due to one careless typo I had 500 EUR wired to someone else instead of myself. Trying to get it back is turning out to be the headache you would expect and above all I am really disappointed in myself for not exercising a bit more care to prevent the error in the first place. Oh and did I mention I FORGOT my passport when I went to Luxembourg on Monday? Yeah, that too. Such a panic when I realized just at the moment when it was too late to turn around and go home and get it on my journey. Luckily for inter-continental European flights you do not need a passport... in the Netherlands. In Luxembourg you do, but only the lady at the gate thought so and she let me on the flight in a grumpy German way. And yesterday - lost my bike keys! After parking my bike at the station, locking it up, blissfully going about the work day and only upon leaving the office did I find I'd lost my keys. OH had to pick up Munchkin from creche and I felt awful. If there is a nymph of lost keys (I assume there is a God or Goddess of Lost Things and therefore just a nymph directly dedicated to the losing specifically of bike keys) I will be burning incense and definitely getting a spare set made this weekend if I find them at work tomorrow. Though this seems unlikely as I am pretty sure when I bought  the bike second hand there was only one set left. We have gathered all the spare keys we can't attribute to any other bikes though, so I'm girded for bike lock battle.

So I am not feeling the greatest this week. And I am sitting here trying to buoy my confidence in man kind and hope I can get this money back. And my bike.  Then I ran across this, oh so randomly. And it gave me a bit of hope that maybe it will all turn out alright.

7 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Ugh. What an unpleasant week.

Dad said...

As someone who had to endure all of you and your sisters potty humor while you were growing up (and even adults), I find it deeply disturbing that you have found international art history support for your endeavors.

And about all that forgetfulness, are you sure you're not pregnant yet?

Mom said...

Wow, what a week! They say bad things happen in threes so hopefully you're done!

Stef said...

Dude! I think mercury is in retrograde or something. Here's what I've done over the past 7 or do days;
- didn't put gas in the car and we ended up running out of gas while taking Y to school
-discovered a rather egregious error I made at mt PT gig. (Potentially fireable of fence) for the SECOND time in a week
- drove to pt job w/both my own keys and John's

Nothing so far today....hope that makes you feel better!

Stef said...

Dude! I think mercury is in retrograde or something. Here's what I've done over the past 7 or do days;
- didn't put gas in the car and we ended up running out of gas while taking Y to school
-discovered a rather egregious error I made at mt PT gig. (Potentially fireable of fence) for the SECOND time in a week
- drove to pt job w/both my own keys and John's

Nothing so far today....hope that makes you feel better!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That is a LOT of bad shit going on in one week. Ugh. Sounds like it's running in the family too! Stef is having trouble too.

alexis said...

oh no stef! That is awful. Though I am glad to hear I am not the only one.