Friday, February 22, 2013

Becoming Un-Pregnant

I don't want to bum you down on your Friday, but I haven't had the sentiment to write about this yet on the blog. Since many friends and family read this that I don't otherwise get to exchange news with, I want to be brave and do it now. 

 I guess I am not that brave, but will rather give you the link and you can see it there as you like or not.  I wrote about it just this week for a mother's group I contribute occasionally to. They had asked for contributions on the theme of "birth". I felt so strongly that there be at least one story of how it sometimes doesn't go as we hope, for all those mothers and fathers who have experienced an interrupted birth. So much of the pain is feeling alone since there is a stigma about talking about it openly. 

It's important to talk about these things, because they happen. They happen and they are normal. They happen and it is sad. Life is sometimes sad. It is also full of unbelievable joy. It's the risk we all talk for that joy. 

5 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm so, so sorry. It's true that miscarriages happen a lot more than we realize, since people rarely talk about them in public. It's hard to have a private sorrow like that, and I hope you are feeling lots of love from your family right now. I'm sending lots of love from Miami.

Josh said...

I am so sorry Alexis.

We've ridden this particular roller coaster ourselves, though as a man I can't really presume to fully understand, your words have helped.

Bernice said...

Writing that piece is a great gift you gave many women. There are many other things we should talk about but do not. I hope you and Hubby are doing ok. You have my love.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Aww, sorry to hear that Alexis. It's tough and we've gone through it as well. The excitement of being pregnant and then you just aren't. It sucks. But, you try again and hope for better results!

Erin said...

So sorry for you guys :( Your body knows best in this case, it seems. Thinking of you three and wishing for a better outcome next time. xoxo