Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Round Up

Sorry a bit late posting the weekend round up. Basically it consisted of the following:
 - sick kiddo
 - work
 - Repeat

So not the most exciting weekend we ever had. Friday I have to say we didn't do much of anything. Munchy and I saw a flat in the afternoon and that was pretty much it. We went to the morning play group as usual. I worked during Munchy's nap. I don't know what I will do when she drops the afternoon nap - there will be no chance to do conference calls!

Saturday we had pancakes, did our shopping and I baked two cakes during the Munchkin nap. A rum applesauce cake I'd made before which is insanely good, and another applesauce cake from my 1950's first edition James Beard "American Cookery"  cookbook. This thing has been sitting on my shelves for literally years and never gotten any love. I sought it out in a desperate bid for a decent pancake recipe and the thing has produced nothing but home runs with every recipe I have tried. Happy to say this cake was no exception. And if you're wondering, yes, I do have a lot of applesauce I'm trying to work my way through.

In the evening we went to our friends T and D for dinner along with Munchkin. They have a little boy the same age as we met in our birthing class, so it's fun to bring the kids along and for dinner and hang out with each other afterwards. Alas Munchkin took a sudden and sharp turn from well to fevery and sick. We gave her paracetemol and put her to bed early. Had a good evening, Munchkin slept through the night with minor fuss and the next morning she seemed nearly recovered.

By Sunday afternoon however she was looking poorly again and when she woke from her nap it seemed all the same symptoms were coming back on again. We skipped swim lessons. I went out very briefly to visit ladies for afternoon get together and then hoofed it back when the little one started to lose it. Worked after we put Munchkin to bed early and THAT my friends, is the exciting life I lead.

1 comment:

Dad said...

That is the life that most of us live :)