Tuesday, July 09, 2013

New Computer is rebranded as Broken Computer

Sunday my laptop's power adaptor mysteriously died. One minute the cord was detected, the next it was not and pretty soon thereafter, it was dead. OH very kindly took it back to the shop where I'm hoping the extended warranty will prove its worth. At the very least I hope the shop people enjoy the laptop for the estimated two weeks it will take to fart around ordering new bits and seeing if those work.

Thank god I have the old laptop and OH has set up a slower internet wifi in our flat, because it is so old it cannot even detect our newer, faster wifi network. It's fun to see the snapshot in time that are my various internet links, and desktop files. Less fun to be reunited with the stuck "a" key.

Don't feel bad at all - these are first world problems at their best!

6 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

So, how do you get around the stuck 'a' key? That seems to be a rather popular letter, at least in english.

alexis said...

I think that's how it got stuck! Too much love.

Josh said...

They do sell universal power adapters - for example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834991102

From your description it could be that the power adapter just died.

Though, I'd have to imagine that that would be the first thing they'd try at the shop.

Dad said...

Technology - so wonderful when its working - so frustrating when its not.

I wonder if early man felt the some way about fire.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Aw man, technology issues suck!! Good luck and kudos to OH for putting up with less desirable wifi!!

alexis said...

Josh it'd be super easy to buy a replacement, and if I'd not taken out the damn insurance I'd do just that. Instead I have to wait to let them repair it. Stupid foresight buying insurance!