Actually, it's all moldy. Just before our trip I was trying to find a pair of mythical Munchkin dress shoes (turns out they were fuzzy slippers). Looking in the back of the big dresser in her room I found a weird pair of shoes that looked fuzzy but were adult sized. Turns out they were mine, and the soft fuzz was mold.
The pair of shoes (leather) had been completely encrusted with mold.
It seems the new flat gets totally rubbish ventilation, and being that this is a wet country, we retain a lot of moisture in the air. In the summer it's not been a problem because we regularly keep windows open. In the winter as well we anticipate it won't be a problem since the central heating will be on which will dry out the air. But it seems as autumn as descended, we are in an interim period where it's too warm to turn on the heating but too cold to keep the windows open for much. Or it has been raining. This has lead to moisture building up in our flat and a sudden attack of mold. It seems to be concentrated only in the dresser, that I can tell, but we feel disgusted now and a thorough plan of cleaning attack is now underway. It's funny because the mold only seems to have gone for some things: specific fabrics, certain leathers, wood.